Friday, May 30, 2008

Anne Ahira | Herman Adcox

Anne Ahira News - Ahira - Applying For A Job - Now And Then By Herman Adcox

Dad was an old time mechanic; he could fix just about anything having to do with automotive devices. I recall him saying many times that all he needed to work on a Model T was a pair of pliers and a piece of baling wire.

-------------------Visit anne ahira student blog - anneahiras.blogspot.com-------------------

Both my Mother and Dad have passed on; well I am 83, so that kind of figures. About 1960-65, Shirley and I visited them in Mineral Wells, Texas. I took my video camera with me, even though it was large and bulky. Sure glad I did however, because I interviewed both Mother and Dad and we talked mostly about their earlier days.

When he was in his mid-twenties, he heard that a pipe line company was looking for someone to operate a pipe laying machine. Dad was looking for work at the time, so he told a buddy about what he had heard and they both went to see if they could get a job.

Rewrite by : Anne Ahira student
Read more at Ezinearticles.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home